Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Too Wordy for THE Facebook

I just signed up for Facebook over the weekend and now, days later, I am jumping feet first into my own blog. I think I am personally advancing at 100 times the rate of the common man. If I’m not careful, I might actually join the 21st century one day!

As it turns out Facebook is not the ideal location for five paragraph long rants about my random thoughts, hence the birth of “Random Thoughts About Nothing,” an apparently quite popular blog title as I couldn’t get the domain name.

Suddenly I have found myself uninspired. So to repeat my day 3 Facebook post:
“I was around people all day and was able share my thoughts out loud, so I don’t have that same pressing desire to talk to someone, and I mean anyone, even on the Internet, as I did when I was up to my waist in cats during a slow weekend.

So, Janice, let me tell you something, missy. Inspiration is not a one-eyed dog who comes when you call her (and occasionally pees on your friend’s feet). Inspiration is like a cat. No, it’s not soft and fluffy like a fabric-softened towel. It only comes to you when you are busy with other things and don’t have time to sit down and stroke it.”

I’ll have much more to say on the weekend after a couple glasses of wine or when I’ve been trapped in the house with pets all day and am desperate for the sound of a human voice, even if it just the voice inside my head as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment